Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Associate, supports more senior officers in the development and marketing of prospective clients as well as the maintenance/enhancement of relationships with existing clients. The individual will work closely with other team members including, Analysts, Other Associates, Associate Directors, Directors and Managing Directors to manage client relationships located in the United States. The Associate will be responsible for handling credit related activities including completion of credit presentations, structuring loan transactions, performing due diligence, negotiating documentation, and monitoring compliance and industry trends. Furthermore the associate will participate in the creation of marketing materials.
* Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
* Analyze lending opportunities; prepare credit presentations and recommendations for review by team members and Global Risk Management; liaise directly with Global Risk Management.
* Assist in the management of an assigned loan portfolio: conduct annual reviews, coordinate account management with team members, handle customers' requests for waivers, amendments and restructurings of credit facilities.
* Support the negotiation of loan terms and documentation with borrowers/other banks, culminating in the closing of transactions.
* Work closely with the Bank's specialized product groups (GTB, Treasury Services, Capital Markets, etc.) to tailor products to clients and promote effective marketing and delivery of these products to customers and prospects.
* Work with other Bank Syndicate agents on syndicated deals in order to present information clearly and concisely in credit presentations.
* Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
* Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
* Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
* Assist in the preparation of portfolio reporting and analysis, including weekly pipeline reports and monthly Salesforce reconciliation.
* Degree in Business or related field.
* Banking experience in a Corporate/Commercial lending or related environment.
* Strong financial modeling skills an asset.
* Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, RO).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal Associated topics: chief financial officer, chief investment officer, controller, general manager, general operational manager, general operations manager, organizational culture, president, recruit, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.