Business Services Officer-C&I Lender
BB&T in College Park, MD
- Industry: Financial Services - Insurance - Insurance Sales Agent/Broker
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $71,800.00 - 143,600.00 / Year*
Identify, solicit, develop, manage, service, and expand business relationships in an assigned market under the Consultative Relationship Management Process. Offer a full range of loan, deposit, and other non-credit services to existing and prospective business clients. Refer personal financial needs of business clients to appropriate Relationship Manager under OLYMPICSS III and Integrated Relationship Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential job functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Handles loan requests from $1,000,000 up to a total credit relationship of $10,000,000, demonstrate a general understanding of major technical aspects of lending, and has a clear understanding of the basics of credit and finance.
2. May delegate work, set schedules, guide, advise, review, and train area or assigned personnel in the more complex phases of their work.
3. Work with City Executive, senior Business Services Officers and Credit Officers to develop skills in prospecting, client management, call execution, Integrated Relationship Management and credit underwriting.
4. Develop, approve, and service business loans for business and individual clients within limits of authority.
5. Interview applicants to develop financial and credit information, to ascertain needs, abilities, earnings, and risk; request necessary information, such as financial and operating statements.
6. Evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with policy and lending authority.
7. Prepare and present/recommend to higher authority, individual, or committee any loans in excess of authority.
8. Assume responsibility for proper documentation and review of accounts.
9. Monitor loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and to ascertain any developing trends.
10. Aggressively call on potential and existing clients to maintain productivity and profitability in lending
and non-lending relationships; successfully execute the BB&T Decathlon Sales Process.
11. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline, and other pertinent information using the Bank's contact management system.
12. Keep abreast of changing business and economic developments which impact the loan portfolio, its profitability, and banking in general.
13. Ensure commercial banking relationships are fully developed, including specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of the clients' owners/management/employees by partnering with Wealth Management Advisors, Private Bankers and Relationship Managers.
14. Identify and market non-credit services by partnering with Financial Services Specialists in sales meetings, client and prospect calls, and developing and delivery of custom solutions.
15. Prepare various reports as requested.
16. Service delinquent accounts as required.
17. Represent BB&T in the community by actively participating in civic affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new clients and enhance the Bank's image.
18. If required, handle marketing function for profit center.
Truist is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Associated topics: commission, customer, client, guest, insurance sales, insurance sales agent, lead sales agent, outside sales, retail, sales associate
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!