CapCenter in Virginia Beach, VA
- Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance - Banker/Loan Officer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $69,510.00 - 144,630.00 / Year*
CapCenter is seeking a Mortgage Underwriter to help pursue our mission: simplifying the homeownership journey with consolidated services, transparent pricing, and most importantly, a client-centric philosophy.
In the Mortgage Underwriter role, you ll be the last line of defense for CapCenter to ensure all loans that close meet CapCenter s underwriting standards. You ll work collaboratively with loan officers and loan analysts to identify risk areas, solve problems, and provide final approval for each mortgage transaction. You will also function as a training resource to other production staff to promote CapCenter s goal of continuous learning.
Here s what you ll need to know about the role, our team, and what it takes to succeed at CapCenter.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Complete our introductory training modules
- Become a subject matter expert on all service lines
- Complete your first file review
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Shadow all stages of the loan production process
- Build your communication and technical knowledge through proprietary training and live coaching
- Become a team leader for a production POD , helping to train and mentor production staff
- Manage a full client pipeline, begin to identify process improvements across teams
- Detail Oriented: you perform work accurately and have a risk management orientation
- Self-aware: you are looking for an opportunity to develop your strengths and weaknesses
- Analytical: you think with structure on your toes and are adept at solving complex problems
- Trusted: you want to do good and proactively act in the best interest of those you serve
- Driven: you want to make an impact in an organization and can execute effectively
- A college graduate with 5+ years of mortgage underwriting experience
We hire for talent, not just experience. You should be a solutions-oriented thinker who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging problems.
You ll get
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- 401k (with matching!), health, dental, and vision
- Training to become an FHA DE Underwriter, if applicable
- Training to learn the home-ownership experience back to front.
- To participate in cross-functional collaboration that fosters lateral and vertical career growth
Our culture is growth oriented. Past Mortgage Underwriters have been promoted into sales, team lead, and market management roles.
Associated topics: commercial loan, customer, loan officer, loan originator, loan review officer, mortgage loan, mortgage originator, mortgage servicing officer, personal banker iv, sell
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Virginia Beach, VA!