M&A Tax Senior Associate
Compensation: $73,800.00 - $122,880.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services
We provide superior client service with a focus on expertise. CBIZ MHM Colorado has served the Denver metro area since 1990, and since we opened our doors, our clients have considered us more than tax preparers we serve as their trusted business advisors and partners. CBIZ MHM Colorado stands at the ready to assist companies through the life cycle of their growth and development.
CBIZ is seeking a M&A Tax Senior Associate for our Denver office.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction tax engagements
- Perform tax due diligence related middle market companies and private equity investors
- Applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to tax due diligence exercises
- Write detailed reports to present diligence findings to clients
- Advise clients on how to maximize opportunities and minimize risks related to mergers and acquisitions and provide recommendations in the context of valuation and deal structuring alternatives
- Develop and propose creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manage problem resolution.
- Interface with senior executives of clients and target companies
- Display the ability to manage and prioritize team responsibilities, and proactively consult with Managers, Directors and Partners
- Work on multiple projects of varying size and complexity
- Play an integral role in developing relationships with current and prospective clients, identify market opportunities and articulate our value proposition
- A minimum of 3-4 years of applicable work experience including experience in one of the following (preferably with a Big 4 public accounting firm or other top ten national firm): tax compliance and consulting, or other M&A experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of other MS Office applications, specifically PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced and unconventional work environment is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in federal tax and/or mergers and acquisitions in a public accounting firm, corporate tax department, or law firm
- Licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
*This position can be positioned anywhere in the US*Job Requirements:
Associated topics: client, collection analyst, loan officer, loan originator, mortgage loan, mortgage loan originator, mortgage originator, personal banker, personal banker i, personal banker iv
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...