Senior Principal, Office of the CFO Services
CBIZ in Philadelphia, PA
- Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance - Banker/Loan Officer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $110,055.00 - 112,010.00 / Year*
About CBIZ CMF
CBIZ CMF is a division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) with a service line focused on mergers, acquisitions, and transitions for private equity-backed firms across North America. Our professionals are dynamic, operations-oriented financial executives who are accustomed to the issues, ambiguity, and interpersonal dynamics of businesses going through transitions and transactions. Culturally, the division is an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, and team-centric, meritocracy. We are looking for A players to round out our team.
CBIZ CMF is fortunate to have additional scale and competencies through our parent company CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) and their over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities in the U.S. In partnership with our parent company, additionally, we are able to offer a comprehensive set of services including: Tax, Audit, Valuation, Risk & Advisory, Corporate Recovery, Benefits, Property & Casualty and other insurance related services.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Servicesby Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
About the Role
The Senior Principal will be a full-time permanent consultant supporting the Office of the CFO services. The Senior Principal will perform a variety of core accounting and finance related activities to support our clients, primarily middle-market private equity backed portfolio companies. Within the Office of the CFO services, the Senior Principal will serve as a resource and trusted advisor to our clients, providing guidance on a wide array of business, finance and accounting related matters faced by middle-market companies throughout the investment lifecycle. We are seeking an individual with exceptionally strong experience in finance and accounting in a client service environment.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Provide management and leadership for team members and experienced financial professionals (including interim Controllers and CFOs) in the areas of project management, professional development and client service.
- Lead projects focused on professionalizing our clients accounting and finance departmental activities, often following an acquisition. Project activities include but are not limited to monthly close formalization; development of board packages, financial reporting and KPIs; preparation of opening and closing balance sheets and completion of transaction accounting; and support the audit of opening balance sheet and annual financial statements.
- Develop and manage overall project plans. Gather key facts and circumstances and perform a gap assessment of current practices/policies
- Directly manage client relationships, both with company management and private equity investors
- Perform gap analysis of key finance, accounting and business processes. Identify and propose solutions to remediate US GAAP discrepancies and opportunities to improve efficiency and/or accuracy of financial reporting
- Research and evaluate the accounting treatment of certain transactions including M&A or unusual items. Review documents and identify accounting issues. Liaise with outside auditors
- Ability to interact with various levels of finance and business personnel and ability to explain complex matters in a succinct manner
- Demonstrated ability to communicate confidently and effectively using a variety of styles
- Strong analytical and presentation skills with a confident professional presence
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities
- Strong comprehension of US GAAP and exposure to CFO level and M&A activities
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency with attention to detail
- Self-starter and proactive with an aptitude for process improvement
- Highly adaptable, flexible and client service focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of experience including supervisory and client service
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required; advanced degree a plus
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs (up to 60% of the time)
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!