* We have an opening for several full-timeSENIORCOOKpositions. * Location: American Express- 200 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10285Note: online applications accepted only. * Schedule: F/T; Monday through Friday, 6:30am to 3:00pm. * Requirement: Previous high-volume culinary experience is required. * Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
* You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number323489 . Click hereto view more. * You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click hereto get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks - only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring - today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
* Medical * Dental * Vision * Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) * Commuter Benefits * Wellness Program * Employee Assistance Program * Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents * Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) * Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance * Discount Marketplace * And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares food to ensure it is nutritious and properly flavored in accordance with applicable federal, state, local and company standards, guidelines and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* May oversee the cooking activities of food service associates as assigned by Food Service Director. * Prepares various entrees and menu items following established recipes. * Operates and cleans equipment after each use. Performs scheduled routine cleaning. * Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy. Helps maintain organized storage of dry goods and refrigerated and frozen products. * Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply. * Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures. * Assists Food Service Director in maintaining accurate daily production records and completes all required documentation, reports, and logs as assigned. * Assists in the cross training of employees. * Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 323489
Associated topics: appetizer, cocinera de produccion, food preparation, kitchen, maker, meat cutter, prep, roasting, steakhouse, wok cook
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.