Senior Business Analyst (Fedwire Securities Services)
Federal Reserve Bank
: $148,555.00 - $148,555.00 /year *
: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed.
What we do:
The Federal Reserve Banks' Fedwire? Securities Service is an electronic central securities depository (CSD), maintaining 1.3 million securities with a par value of $85 trillion at the end of 2018. It is also a real-time gross securities settlement system (SSS) that in 2018 processed on average $1.2 trillion of transfers every business day. The Service supports 18 domestic and international organizations in the issuance of new securities and the payment of principal and interest on outstanding securities, including the U.S. Treasury, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae. The Service also provides securities account maintenance, transfer, and delivery-versus-payment settlement services to the issuers and approximately 3,830 depository institution customers as of year-end 2018. Its goal is to foster the integrity, efficiency, and accessibility of U.S. wholesale payments and settlement systems in support of financial stability and economic growth.
The Wholesale Product Office (WPO) at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York is the central office responsible for product management, oversight, and coordination of the Fedwire Funds Service, Fedwire Securities Service, and National Settlement Service, collectively known as the Wholesale Services. The team seeks a well-rounded business analyst with primary responsibility for analytics, data modeling, and process improvement, in support of the Fedwire Securities Service.
Your role as Fedwire? Securities Service Associate:
* Build subject matter expertise to lead or provide business support for initiatives or projects related to enhancing the Fedwire Securities Service
* Participate in projects geared towards the implementation of repeatable product development, technological enhancements, contingency planning, risk reduction, and/or improved customer service
* Collect, research, and analyze volume, value, market, and industry trends and other data, drawing appropriate conclusions, in support of projects related to the Fedwire Securities Service. Present results in written reports or through verbal presentations using visual aids
* Provide extensive data analytics to maintain, enhance, and create new models to support discussion of pricing strategies for the Fedwire Securities Service to ensure full cost recovery while maintaining price competitiveness
* Support initiatives which will include downloading and assembling data sets; preparing charts, tables and presentations; creating and maintaining spreadsheets; using statistical, econometric and other software packages to perform analyses, model estimation and simulations; and be able to summarize findings
* Actively participate in or lead workgroups and meetings with internal and external stakeholders and provide support to industry meetings as needed
* Create and monitor dashboards for tracking activity and trends across product lines
* Develop and maintain business and technical documentation
* Provide recommendations to leadership related to projects, functions, and processes
What we are looking for:
* Approximately five to seven years of related experience working with and analyzing complex data sets to draw conclusions and working on initiatives to improve a product or service * Bachelor degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or related field; Master's degree preferred * Demonstrated experience in using complex databases and statistical packages (e.g. Stata, Matlab, SAS, R, Gauss, TSP, RATS, PROCSQL), or other significant computer programming experience (Python, Java, C , Mathematica, etc.) * Proven experience in business and data analysis and an ability to analyze large amounts of information and data to draw conclusions * Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to provide clear, concise, and accurate management summaries * Proven ability to manage multiple priorities/projects and work under tight deadlines, while providing high quality products
* Proficient computer skills, such as Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Tableau, etc.
* An understanding of the Fedwire Services and U.S. payment systems, with knowledge of marketable securities preferred but not necessary
* Experience questioning assumptions and conventional thinking/practice to continuously improve processes
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including formal presentation skills for executive audiences
* Background in taking the initiative to enhance analysis that deepens the understanding of business drivers, trends, and market developments
* Ability to interact with all levels of management, other Federal Reserve Banks, and external market participants
* Strong collaboration skills with teams, particularly remote working relationships
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Screening Requirement: This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to two months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The screening includes areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and contact with your references and people that know you well.
Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic-all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank's diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.
Associated topics: bi, business, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, inspect, investment analyst, investment banking, law, monitor, refinement
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.