First Bank in Knoxville, TN
- Industry: Real Estate - Broker/Agent - Residential Real Estate
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $69,525.00 - 124,840.00 / Year*
Mortgage Originator Summary:
Responsible for originating residential mortgage loans in a highly competitive environment by soliciting, negotiating pricing, initial underwriting, and projecting closing of complex residential loans in compliance with FirstBank lending policies and procedures.
Mortgage Originator Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing Sales Activities Developing a pipeline of new business from outside sales calling efforts and other networking exercises
- Achieving specific production goals as set by the SVP of Mortgage Lending
- Stay current on market and competitive trends and share information with customers
- Complete required management reports which monitor the progression of new business in the pipeline
- Develop and Manage Referrals
- Solicit residential mortgages
- Make sales presentations through contracts with brokers, realtors, builders, and developers
- Distribute approved promotional flyers/materials
- Develop marketing strategies example First Time Home Buyers seminars, letters to past customers, attend realtor open houses
- Network through professional, business and community organizations to market products
- Work with assigned financial centers to ensure awareness of mortgage loan products and policies
- Handle referrals timely from each financial center and provide timely updates and progress reports
- Counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers
- Obtaining all necessary support documents
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner to
- Serve as the borrowers advocate and main contact during the underwriting, committing, and closing process
Mortgage Originator Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Mortgage Originator Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent mandatory
- Bachelors degree in a business-related major is preferred
- Prior sales experience in the mortgage industry is a plus
- 3+ years of effective and proven sales experience
Mortgage Originator Skills -
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures
- Knowledge of mortgage loan regulatory requirements, residential products and functions also required
- Ability to work independently with good project management skills and ability to adjust to ever changing environment.
- Must be active and visible in the community to promote FirstBank and enhance business development efforts
All statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work assigned to the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for personnel classified within the category.
Associated topics: agent, broker, home, house, housing, listing consultant, real estate courier, residential, sales agent, salesperson
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Knoxville, TN!