Here's the thing-we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they're a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it's like to work at an organization.
That's why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who's Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We're here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility-helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry's leading investors, we've made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We're experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America's job creators grows with us. We're looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain's Best Places to Work. Also, don't forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance-you shouldn't have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That's why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R-but we want our team to have more than just a little. You'll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It's important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on-and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we're all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America's small businesses and job creators. We think it's pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
The Business Intelligence Analyst will help Fundera make better data-driven decisions and improve business outcomes through actionable, insightful data analysis and visualization. The analyst will be the central fulcrum for company performance data leveraging existing KPI reporting and dashboards as well as building out additional tools to surface new insights and empower stakeholders throughout the organization. They will do so using Looker and other platforms to establish clarity of definitions, integrity of data, and sources of truth while helping others access/produce relevant analysis and acting as a central analyst for overall company performance.
As Our Business Intelligence Analyst, You'll Get to...
* Help Fundera as an organization reach a higher, and unified, understanding of our data by joining at the foundational point of Fundera's BI function. You'll provide insight into company-wide trends by owning regular operational performance reporting and ad hoc analysis to dig into trends or new opportunities. You'll help identify and deep dive into areas of interest across the full funnel and present findings in a way that's easily digestible and actionable. * Democratize access to reporting and data at Fundera by building on and maintaining our Looker instance focused on company-wide dashboards as well as coordination with each to function to build the reports and dashboards they need to make strategic business decisions. This will include developing Looker models, explores, and dashboards to serve use-cases for existing data streams as well as additional builds for newly integrated data sources. We're in the early stages of building out Looker and you'll get to come on the ground floor with the opportunity to make a significant impact. * Make our data more actionable by making it more comprehensive. Work with the data team and various functional teams to continually develop and refine our data capture processes, the scope of data sources, and warehouse infrastructure to lay the foundation for reliable and accurate reporting. * Enable self-service within functional teams by spreading and supporting best practices across groups. You'll be responsible for assisting with functional reporting by being a point of contact for embedded analysts within groups, or a supplement when an analytical function for that group doesn't exist.
We're Looking for People Who Have...
* 2-3 years of experience working with large data sets to extract and surface actionable findings either in a business intelligence or functional analyst role. * Looker/SQL expert. Able to develop in LookML and build models, explores, and dashboards across a wide range of use cases. Can use SQL to debug Looker and run queries directly against our data warehouse. * An understanding of database/warehouse design and ETL infrastructure * Working knowledge of relevant business concepts - conversion funnels, cohort performance, churn, outcomes of product experimentation, what a b2b sales process looks like, etc. * Familiarity with statistical concepts to predict outcomes / test correlation * Experience using Salesforce (not required, but helpful)
What Should I Do If I'm Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you've got the experience, apply to be our Business Intelligence Analyst.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera's agency portal link.
Associated topics: business, business analysis, business analyst, business intelligence, business systems analyst, consultant, customer, sales, senior consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.