Mortgage Loan Originator -- Remote (Westlake Village (Huntington Park)
Compensation: $82,600.00 - $156,310.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
We go above and beyond for others -- that includes our team members! You can take advantage of a powerful benefits package, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, and scholarships for your dependents. Join our growing Home Loans team at Golden 1 and see why Forbes rated us one of the Best-In-State Employers of 2019!
This position is remote in the Ventura, CA area.GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Home Loan Advisor -- Remote (Ventura, CA) will proactively solicit new residential mortgage loans to meet established loan quality and production goals in the Ventura, CA market. They will develop and maintain a strong network of business relationships to ensure a recurring source for mortgage loan referrals. This network includes mortgage professionals, builders, other professional and personal contacts, and any other referral source the Advisor develops. The external Advisor will enhance this network by regularly participating in business related development opportunities, community events and professional organizations. They will also be expected to handle branch or call center generated referrals only when the member requests an in person meeting. They will provide our members with the same exceptional service they give to their self-generated referrals and always conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. The Advisor shall maintain a thorough understanding of the lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Originate mortgage loans from self-sourced business and personal relationships by maintaining exceptional service levels and administering a lead management system. Discuss mortgage loan product options via phone, email or in person with prospective and current borrowers.
- Assist the member with an appropriate mortgage product selection, lock request and provide applicable disclosures as required by law, and dictated by credit union processes.
- Obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data. Complete an initial assessment of the mortgage application including a review of credit, financial data and collateral information to identify underwriting concerns upfront.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including RESPA, HPML, HOEPA, HCML, ATR/QM, bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Manage mortgage loan pipeline closely to ensure loans are attended to promptly, efficiently and accurately to ensure exceptional service by providing a market leading turn time on applications.
- Oversee the loan process from origination to close and provide on-going communication to applicants. This includes renegotiating the interest rate and loan terms due to a change in the initial qualification caused by collateral, income or financial data verification. Demonstrate the ability to delicately handle difficult situations while maintaining complete professionalism.
- Work closely with the mortgage resource center and operations staff to ensure the mortgage loan is being moved along in accordance with the credit union standards.
- Consistently notate conversations with member in the LOS to ensure proper communication.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members, branches, call center staff and other outside contacts on the telephone.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent work experience or four year college degree preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years in a mortgage related function with at least two years of generating self-sourced business.
- Exceptional member service skills.
- Strong credit and general financial analysis.
- Current working knowledge of the mortgage industry.
- Excellent ability to collect and report information on market conditions including competitive product and service offerings.
- Understanding of the secondary market including governmental programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Develop and maintain advisory and consultative home loan skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and intermediate computer skills including excel.
- Travel by car is required to visit with applicants, partners and vendors
- Travel by plane or other public conveyance is required to attend meetings at headquarters or to attend conferences/training as deemed necessary by management.
- MLO Registration required: An individual in this position has been determined to be a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the S.A.F.E Act and whose responsibilities include taking applications and discusses terms or negotiates rates on loans secured by real property.
- A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record are required
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k retirement
- Paid time off
- Competitive salaries and incentive program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: loan officer, loan originator, loan servicing officer, mortgage loan, mortgage officer, mortgage underwriter, personal banker ii, personal banker iii, relationship, sell
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...