Director of Loan Review
Compensation: $109,620.00 - $127,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
: 320 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806
The Director of Loan Review will be responsible for managing the independent loan review function for the Bank and providing senior management and the Board of Directors with objective evaluations of the overall credit quality of the commercial portfolio, compliance with policies and procedures and other unfavorable trends. The Director of Loan Review, along with assigned staff, will conduct reviews of individual loans and borrowing relationships within the Bank s commercial loan portfolio to achieve this objective. The role will also be responsible for coordinating third party loan review resources to ensure the bank s loan review strategy and portfolio coverage goals are achieved.Essential functions
- Adhere to the five values of the Corporation: 1) personal responsibility, 2) ethical behavior, 3) trust and integrity, 4) caring, and 5) teamwork.
- Accountable for the development, management and execution of the bank s overall loan review strategy.
- Develops the bank s overall loan review strategy
- Manages assigned department staff and external resources to execute the loan review strategy
- Identifies periodic external/third party loan reviews as needed to achieve the bank's strategy with respect to portfolio coverage, review scope, and targeted risk-based samples
- Coordinates loan review schedules with safety and soundness examinations and audits to minimize overlap of loan review dates and sample selection where appropriate
- Performs, and directs staff to perform, regular risk-based loan portfolio reviews on borrowing relationships within the entire commercial loan portfolio.
- Assesses credit quality, including underwriting and borrower performance
- Evaluates the sufficiency of credit and collateral documentation
- Determine if liens have been properly perfected
- Verifies proper approval by the loan officer and loan committee(s)
- Confirms adherence to any loan agreement covenants
- Reviews compliance with internal policies and procedures (such as aging, nonaccrual, and classification of grading policies) and laws and regulations.
- Evaluates if there is appropriate identification of individually impaired loans, measurement of estimated loan impairment, and timeliness of charge-offs.
- Prepares summary write-up supporting loan review results, such as risk grade, repayment performance and ability, underwriting and documentation adequacy, accrual and TDR status
- As part of the loan review strategy, evaluates the effectiveness of credit policies and processes.
- Identifies potential weaknesses in credit policies or processes and formulates recommendations for strengthening policies and processes where needed
- Evaluates the effectiveness of processes in meeting the requirements set forth in policy
- Validates the appropriate use of credit approval authority
- Serves as the primary contact for the credit related portion of audits and examinations
- Participates in special lending and credit related projects and M&A due diligence efforts as directed by the Chief Risk Officer
- Prepares executive summary reports regarding loan review results and presents to senior management, the Board and/or the Executive and Risk Committee
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Chief Risk Officer
KEY INTERNAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Performs assigned responsibilities in compliance with all job-relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintains current operating knowledge of all job-relevant legal and regulatory requirements through the successful completion of mandatory compliance and regulatory training and attendance at all mandatory regulatory compliance activities
- Key working relationships for the successful performance of duties will include, but are not limited to, the following employees or departments; Credit Administration, Commercial Relationship Managers, Loan Servicing, Line of Business Managers, Compliance, and Internal Audit
- Maintains industry research and expertise on assigned industries as directed
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and commercial compliance, including fair lending laws
- Knowledge of commercial lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Ability to understand, and use Bank policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations
- Ability to understand and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly if necessary
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority
- Strong objectivity, interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to successfully manage and mitigate conflict
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/SCHEDULES/TRAVEL
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another business-related field.
- Prefer 12+ years of experience in banking, a Federal regulatory agency, or a state banking commission with an emphasis in commercial and business credit administration and risk management.
- Experience with commercial credits in amounts up to $30 million.
- Demonstrated competency with personal computer use, with intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Excel
- Must be bondable.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight travel (less than 10-15%)
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- Work schedule can often extend beyond a 40-hour work week and may include time on weekends.
- Travel to various HomeTrust and customer officer locations will be required periodically.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.
Associated topics: banking, cfa, corporate banking, director finance, equity trading, finance, finance director, invest, tax, treasure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...