LOCATION: New York City, New York - American Girl Place NY
As a Kitchen Manager with Levy, it will be your primary responsibility to execute cuisine that exceeds guest expectations and provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our Company vision and values.
* Executes menus in accordance to brand standards * Maintains recipes to meet core standards * Ensure that team members consistently deliver heartfelt hospitality to every guest, every time * Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs * Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times * Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations * Supports and communicates Company initiatives * Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues * Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service * Executes preventive maintenance schedule as set forth by Director of Operations * Conducts daily walkthroughs in culinary areas for each event * Continually gains culinary expertise
* Practices proper product control and handling of all inventory and equipment * Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals * Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved * Employs good safety and sanitation practices * Forecasts and adequately schedules team members to meet operational needs and desired targets * Provides operational planning to ensure adequate products and equipment are ordered for anticipated business levels * Ensures team members adhere to Levy Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
* Displays a positive attitude towards team members * Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Levy guidelines * Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale * Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team * Assists fellow team members when necessary
* Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English * English reading, writing, math and computer skills required * Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products * Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week * Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates * Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts * Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains * Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, back end, bakery manager, day shift manager, director, gerente de cocina, kitchen manager, management, operations, shift manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.