We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
An ideal candidate would be passionate, hardworking, resourceful and self-motivated. Attention to detail and responsible for the successful day-to-day operations of all set up/preparation.
Please note, this position will be a seasonal based position that will last for approximatley six (6) months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Garde Manger, Pasta, Grill, and/or tournant as well as supervising and communicating with a member of the prep team.
- He/she will be in direct contact with the Chef or Sous Chef for all instructions on the station such as, but not limited to, menu changes, quality control, prep lists, opening/closing procedures.
- He/she should be able to read and follow recipes and standards, train employees, and MUST be willing and able to maintain health department, food quality, and restaurant standards
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- The position requires and at least 2 years of kitchen experience.
- A culinary training degree is preferred but not required.
- Michelin experience is preferred.
- Flexibility with schedule
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry s best practices
More detail about Spring Place, please visit
Associated topics: appetizer, banquet, cafeteria, cocinera de la preparacion, cocinero, cocinero de la preparacion, cutter, prep, prep cook, salad
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...