CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER - BANK & TRUST (Troy)
Compensation: $159,723.33 - $159,723.33 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Chief Compliance Officer ( CCO ) is the senior leader of compliance-related activities for Stifel s bank and trust entities ( Bank& Trust ). Reports directly to the Enterprise Chief Compliance Officer of Stifel Financial (with dotted line to senior bank management). This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the current compliance function of the Bank& Trust. The CCO contributes to the long range planning of the Bank& Trust as it pertains to ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations, and that its employees are in compliance with all internal processes and procedures as directed by corporate policy.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides overall management and direction of the Bank& Trust Compliance Department.
- Maintains compliance risk management framework that incorporates risk assessment, training, testing and reporting.
- Inspects and investigates Bank& Trust operations and processes and reports findings and exceptions to the Enterprise Chief Compliance Officer, Executive and Senior Management, the Board of Directors, and the Audit Committee.
- Manages all aspects of the Bank s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance.
- Audits regulatory compliance activities of the Bank& Trust to insure the Firm s compliance with regulatory requirements as described in the bank corporate policy. This includes Mortgage, Commercial, and Retail Banking groups.
- Oversees Internal Audit reviews.
- Designs and implements a schedule of training which will incorporate all compliance areas.
- Oversees the development of Bank& Trust compliance policies and procedures and ensures that the policies are streamlined across the Bank& Trust platform.
- Reviews bank policy changes for compliance issues prior to final design and implementation.
- Monitors follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and reviews compliance monitoring reports.
- Investigates and responds to customer and regulatory inquiries and complaints.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Understands and complies with all regulations, including the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
- Understands and complies with industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Truth in Savings, Regulation E and D, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth-in-Lending laws, etc.
- Enhanced knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act as well as all other laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules that pertain to the banking industry.
- Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of resources.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate course.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Minimum Required: BA or BS in related field
- Minimum Required: 7-10 years in Compliance or related field
- St. Louis (preferred) or New York (some travel will be required if based in NY)
Associated topics: attorney, business, compliance, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, court, legal, legal department
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...