The New York County District Attorney's Office
: $79,185.00 - $142,720.00 /year *
: Law Enforcement
Loading some great jobs for you...
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening a Senior Rackets Investigator in its Investigation Bureau. In this position, under supervision, with some latitude for independent judgment and initiative, the Senior Investigator is responsible for conducting a wide variety of investigations. This is a sworn police officer position. The candidate must meet all qualifications to be certified as a police officer on the NYS DCJS Police registry. This position requires you have successfully completed police academy training in New York State and you are required to pass a mandatory background check to carry a firearm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conducting, managing, and updating on-going criminal investigative caseloads with a focus on, but not limited to counterterrorism-related activities. * Conducting and managing fieldwork, consisting of surveillance, quality assurance checks, and various undercover operations. * Reviewing voluminous and complicated facts to ascertain their validity. * Preparing extensive and comprehensive narrative reports. * Providing protective details and witness transportation protection. * Investigating unsolved homicides. * Executing search warrants often leading to arrests. * Work in an undercover capacity. * Deploy, operate, and maintain both overt and covert electronic investigative equipment. * Manage and monitor, at times, complex and lengthy investigations. * Work with and oversee junior investigators when appropriate. * Testifying at grand jury, criminal trials, and all other court proceedings. * Performing background investigations on employees, contractors, and registrants. * Ensure that background checks are sent out and received. * Contact and interview witnesses and subjects. * Perform field visits to businesses, communities, and other contacts. * Gather information through collateral contacts, financial institutions, and other law enforcement agencies. * Use various City databases to perform background and information searches, such as: eJustice, IIS, IFCOM, Webcrims, Google, and various watchdog registries. * Working on special projects and tasks as assigned by the Chief Investigator. * Must be willing to work flexible hours.
* Prior law enforcement or criminal justice experience. * Relevant experience and/or trainings in conducting counterterrorism investigations preferred. * Ability to conduct confidential and sensitive investigations. * Experience as an investigator evaluating credit worthiness. * Performing investigations involving the research, compilation, and/or location of evidence or information in order to build a case or uncover activities of a criminal, corrupt, unlawful or unethical nature. * Proficiency in the use of wiretap equipment, GPS tracking devices, video and audio surveillance transmitting, and recording devices preferred. * Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required. * Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. * Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow. * Ability to work independently and manage multiple short-term projects. * Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines. * Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy. * Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment. * Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task. * Ability to interact with all levels of staff and other law enforcement agencies.
* Graduation from high school or its equivalent and four years of full-time, paid experience in police enforcement or investigative work, two years of which must have been in rackets or police investigative work. * Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Three (3) years of law enforcement experience; one (1) year of which must have been conducting fulltime and complex criminal investigations. * Firearms qualification required. * Must possess a valid certificate of completion from a New York State Basic Course for Police Officers academy, or must be eligible to attend and successfully complete a Police Officer Refresher course. * Must have a valid NYS driver's license. * Must pass a medical exam, drug test, psychological screening, and an intensive background check. * As per NY Public Officers Law 2, ?3-B, U.S. citizenship required.
* Three (3) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.