Financial Reporting Analyst
Compensation: $125,056.67 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting. This role will primarily focus on all aspects of external reporting and technical accounting issues relating to both business transactions as well as the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
Please note that Vroom does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Vroom will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
* Preparation and coordination of financial information and disclosures in the Company's annual and quarterly financial information, including footnotes disclosures, financial tables and MD&A.
* Ensuring that the Company's filings are in compliance with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
* Preparation of annual and quarterly disclosures checklist.
* Coordination of the review of financial information with key stakeholders, including senior management team, external auditors, internal and external counsel.
* Working directly with various teams to obtain and ensure accuracy of disclosures, including Accounting, Legal, Tax and Treasury.
* Performing research of technical accounting matters, new pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations
* Assisting with drafting accounting memos.
* Preparing and updating accounting policies and internal controls documentation related to financial reporting; ensuring compliance with policies and procedures in accordance with SOX requirements.
* Assisting with various other ad hoc projects.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with 7+ years of experience within SEC reporting.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
* Advance knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
* Proactive and self-motivated accounting professional, able to think independently.
* Ability to prioritize and multitasks successfully, while paying close attention to details.
* Excellent writing and communication
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we're looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you'd be a great addition to the team.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...