Accredited Financial Counselor
Compensation: $80,925.00 - $156,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Accredited Financial Counselors provide one-on-one consultation, information and referral, classroom training, workshops, and seminars in support of the education and training.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, publicize, and provide a wide variety of Personal Financial Management classes/workshops, e.g., car buying, basic budgeting, managing credit, debt liquidation, consumer awareness, insurance, savings and investments, and retirement planning
- Respond to requests for age-appropriate classes or seminars to youths and teens as part of on-base education
- Conduct initial and refresher Command Financial Specialist (CFS) training
- Assist Command Financial Specialists in developing General Military Training (GMT) on topics relating to Personal Financial Management
- Provide individualized financial counseling and assistance to Service members and families
- Assist Service members in establishing an extended absence financial plan
- Develop and make available informational financial materials to Service members and families
- Plan, organize, and develop new curriculum to be delivered by staff providing basic Personal Financial Management Education and Training per client request, when not otherwise available in CNIC standardized PFM curricula
- Provide Service members and their families consumer information and assistance in handling consumer complaints
- Ensure that all personal financial management group education, individual services delivered, and information and referral services are entered and counted in FFSMIS
- Ensure staff delivering personal financial management group education and personal financial management counseling are accounting for all services scheduled and delivered in the automated Centralized Scheduling and Metrics system in use by the FFSP
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in the fields of personal finance and financial counseling.
- Knowledge of the formulation and execution of needs assessment tools
- Knowledge of the military and the challenges of the military life style
- Skilled in providing one-on-one consultation and training
- Skilled in providing group facilitation and knowledge of group dynamics
- Knowledge of the tenets of adult education and the development of training curricula based on the adult learning model
- Knowledge encompassing a wide range of financial areas, specifically those affecting the military and their families
- Ability to work productively with Command Financial Specialists
- Knowledge of the personal financial management issues facing Service members and their families and the ability to support them with individual assistance or through training in seminars or workshops or through appropriate referral
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills effectively
- Ability to conduct program evaluations and use those evaluations to improve program effectiveness
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and demonstrated ability to use software to prepare management reports and provide information
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor s degree OR a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor s degree which equips the incumbent to serve as a personal financial management counselor
- Must possess and maintain national certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor
- This position requires access to U.S. Government facilities and systems, U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver s license, transportation, and auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service -Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism -Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.Travel:
This position may require overseas travel and training delivery at sea in support of the Return and Reunion Program.Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: banker, banking product, loan review officer, loan servicing officer, loan underwriter, mortgage loan originator, mortgage underwriter, personal banker ii, personal banker iv, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...